Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the Penang Yellow Bus...

my memories with the Penang Yellow Bus was bittersweet. It started when i was 15 when my family was abruptly uprooted from our Air Itam home to Balik Pulau (kindly sense that i'm being overly melodramatic). My parents have decided that i will continue my school( cause it was an all girl school) in the town area instead in our neighborhood due to its notorious reputation.

With that i start my journey with the Yellow bus.. my timetable consist of waking up at 5am to get ready to school as the bus from my new home will arrive at 5.45 and the bus from pekan kongsi to town area leaves at 6am, as it takes around an hour to reach its destination. i guess during my high school life my best adventure and memories will be on this bus as u could say i practically live there.

the ones that rides the 6am bus usually consist of students (like yours trully), workers and some farmers who came to pekan kongsi early as 3 o'clock to send their harvest to the market and at 6am.... they b headin' home. at times when the bus was extremely full, i would have to stand all the way to my school... to those of u who new balik pulau and the roads that leads to it will understand the complication i'm in.... have anyone manage to stand for an hour on the bus on the most hilliest road in Penang and sleep??? i somehow manage that fate....

I've met a lot of interesting ppl on the bus.... i even know how each driver drives.... most of them are known as the F1 drivers cause it feels like flying rather than riding. there is a person that is very similar to a Japanese actor in love letter's, and the Robert downing jr look-a-like.... owh there is also our ( me and ash took the bus together 4 2 years) arch enemy Parrot and his gang of ruffians that came from a school that i would rather not mention. they have somehow managed to spit on my bag and the list go on and on and on....
it was kind of sad when i came back one day during my uni hols and notice that the Penang yellow bus has seized its business on 2004... i wonder what happen to the drivers... and the other good people i know.... most will not agree but i would like to give me deepest gratitude to the Penang Yellow bus for being there for me.... I wouldn't be here where i am right now if it isn't for u :) thank u

No comments:

Post a Comment